Wickes Tool Carrier

Hi All

Found the answer to a maidens prayer today in Wickes.

A tool carrier similar to this but a little bigger

mine was £17.99.

Holds as much as a toolbox plus my drill driver, and has a shoulder strap so your hands are free to carry other stuff.

Over the past 11 months I've found that the gist of this handyman malarkey is to walk in with all your 'front line' tools - to save endless 'popping out to the car/van' journeys.

This does the job - wish I had one months ago. Most tool carriers/boxes aren't designed by people with much practical experience IMO.

I'm getting to like Wickes stuff more & more. Whoever decides what products they stock has been there & dunnit.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Sounds good; but this is self-levelling compound....

Reply to
Newshound

It's been a long day........

'll get my coat...................

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Their timber is the pits, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oh yes not nice at all and if you don't open the packs the really nasty bits are funnily enough always hidden on the inside.

I don't recall it being so bad in the past.

Oh and whilst I'm slagging off Wickes products, their ready mixed patching plaster is abysmal. Very very coarse, made of furnace waste in some part by the look of it and takes ages to dry. Says it will do up to 50mm deep (iirc) but a 25mm section took 6 days to become reasonably firm and that was with CH right up and dehumidifier on 24hr. Stupid me for thinking ready mixed would save time :-(

HLAH

Sounds as bad as their own brand powdered "artex" ;-)

Damn good for thistle plaster though - good prices and massive turnover ensures that every bag you buy is still hot to the touch in our local one!

Reply to
John Rumm

Really it was a cow pat.

However.. moving right along...

I have several of a similar product that I bought several years ago in the U.S. in Home Depot, or it might have been Lowes, manufactured by Bucket Boss. They do a whole variety of things along these lines.

What I've done is to set these up with sets of tools for different types of job.

So for example there's an electrical one, a plumbing one and so on. Some basic tools like screwdrivers, pliers, tape measures,.... are repeated in each bag.

It's a good way to deal with DIY jobs and saves a lot of time running back and forth.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yep -- I've had a few bags of still-hot Thistle plaster from them too.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I do something similar with the aluminium "briefcases" from Maplins (when they are on offer). They have the merit that they stack neatly on shelves or in a corner. But for taking stuff out to a job I guess I could be a bit more flexible with the "baggy" ones like this.

Reply to
Newshound

Will that go in too?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Sure it wasn't just old. I used some old Gyproc "Easi-fill" a week before christmas it didn't set. Scraped it all out still "plastic" three days later and replaced it with real plaster. The bits that I didn't need to remove to get on with the job are still there and still soft...

I was most surprised being Gyproc I expected it to behave like old plaster and set in double quick time.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

What a sad couple of losers.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

On the pop again?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Presumably it's James Bond type kit then? I could show you but then I'd have to kill you :-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember John Stumbles saying something like:

There's been a thunder of proferred plastic and the stocks have vanished. The power of t'internet.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon