Answer to a maidens prayer

TLC Direct are selling spare nozzles for tubes of silicone/gripfill/caulk

of 6 for 99p.

At last an end to buggering about trying to unblock them.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I'm surprised. Although I have trouble with this, I thought you'd have enough turnover that yours were getting used up fast enough not to start setting in the tube?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Doesn't work out like that because I do lots of little jobs. And they come it fits & starts I might re seal three baths/showers one week, then not do one for three weeks.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Don't you use the screw on caps? I've just opened up a tube of frame sealant that I last used so long ago I can't remember what it was on. It's brown and I don't think I've used it on this place and we've been here 11 years... I was more than half expecting it to be one solid lump but no, easily removed cap, stuff still fluid in the tip of the nozzle. It is quite hard work in the gun but still sticks and sets as normal.

When I put a cap on I make sure that the nozzle has bit of whatever goop it is sticking out of the end or on the sides of the tip. Makes a good seal between cap and nozzle that way keeping the air out or volatiles from evaporating.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

"Answer to a maidens prayer"

"At last an end to buggering about trying to unblock them"

...at which point me mind was boggling somewhat.

Reply to
Nemo

That's the problem with simple tubes of silicone sealant - they give so much trouble to you, The Meddling Half-wit.

What will this fool come up with in the next episode of his drama queen saga?

Reply to
Unbeliever

What else will this Unbeliever fool come up with in his ongoing jealousy of a successful businessman?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Very rare to get a screw on caps with the stuff I buy. You tend to get caps with £6:99 a tube stuff in B&Q, but not with the £1:99 stuff I buy online.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

When will you f*ck off & die?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Nail, hit, head Bob.

I can only assume this outburst is because his Giro is late, his Chalfont's are playing up, or his caravan is leaking.

A sad & bitter man.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Well they are reuseable. Spend 15 mins faffing about unblocking a cheapo nozzle and that's enough money wasted to buy an "expensive" tube of goop with a cap...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Well they are reuseable. Spend 15 mins faffing about unblocking a cheapo nozzle and that's enough money wasted to buy an "expensive" tube of goop with a cap...

Even cheaper to buy replacement nozzles :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Why don't you just KF him? I don't see him, just your replies to him.

Reply to
<me9

Yes I don't use that many of them, but a 2" nail bunged down the nozzle does a very good job of sealing them for me... when one tube runs out mid-job, I swap the current nozzle over to the new tube and keep using it, which generates a spare nozzle - this way I always seem to have adequate spares lying around for those occasions when I do get a blockage. Can't say I've ever had the need to try and buy spares.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Same here.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Interesting ...

Reply to
Gib Bogle

"Virgin Oil" on bottle labels in the supermarket I also found boggling. Until someone pointed out it doesn't refer to the source of the product, nor its intended application.

Reply to
Nemo

Same reaction to "Baby Oil" (cf olive oil and method) and "Baby Powder" etc.

Reply to
PeterC