Who owns what?

You own X & Y, Your neighbour owns Z. (Unless your deeds state otherwise..)

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

I'd second that point. Use the correct lime based mortar.

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

In article , Grunff writes

There's enough fixed in his message ids to kill all messages & replies to his messages, if thunderbird supports a full header search; all is peaceful here . . .

Reply to
fred

It usually takes a lot more than that for me to killfile someone...

:-)

Reply to
Grunff

Good for you, means you'll be able to correct all the enthusiastic misinformation then :-)

Reply to
fred

In article , s--p--o--n--i--x writes

Hmmmm!

I had a good look around on the net and it seemed to me that there are arguments for and against using lime mortar.

In the end I have gone for a 6-1 mix sand to cement with a plasticiser. I suspect that this choice is now going to produce a rather long thread

8-(

Martin

Reply to
Martin Carroll

'kinell!! Have you used much of this stuff? Even after a "good look around on the 'net"???? Rake it out. What is plasticiser, I ask you? What is it *for*? What are its effects? Why not compromise and use the ever-popular 1:1:6, which is about 50 times better. That's just a word to you, I don't think you'll get a jumbo thread, it's all been done before. Are you raking out the joints with a nice big angle grinder, too, to the depth of at least 1 1/4"??

Reply to
Chris Bacon

In article , ben writes

Another day, another tosser plonked.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

No serious person involved in the maintenance of historic buildings will accept anything other than lime mortar.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Lets just see.

Whatever floats your boat Grandad. lol

Reply to
ben

OK, SO I raked all the sand/cement mortar out today and have purchased some lime mortar. I shall start pointing tomorrow 8-)

Martin

Reply to
Martin Carroll

I've never seen "lime mortar" for sale. Depending on what you bought, it might take some weeks to get the lime ready for use.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Lime Putty Mortar, bought in a 25Kg tub, ready to use.

Martin

In article , Andrew Gabriel writes

Reply to
Martin Carroll

Quotes rationalised:

Martin Carroll wrote: > Andrew Gabriel wrote: >>Martin Carroll wrote: >>> OK, SO I raked all the sand/cement mortar out today and >>> have purchased some lime mortar. I shall start pointing >>> tomorrow 8-) >>I've never seen "lime mortar" for sale. >>Depending on what you bought, it might take some weeks to get >>the lime ready for use. >>

Wow, how reactionary - I'd probably have gone 1:1:6, but then I might get it in the ear from A. Kettle. Do you have to mix the lime putty with sand, and protect it while it cures?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Only once you have read this:

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , Chris Bacon writes

No it is pre-mixed.

Reply to
Martin Carroll

| In article , Chris Bacon | writes | >Quotes rationalised: | >

| >Martin Carroll wrote: | >> Andrew Gabriel wrote: | >>>Martin Carroll wrote: | >>>> OK, SO I raked all the sand/cement mortar out today and | >>>> have purchased some lime mortar. I shall start pointing | >>>> tomorrow 8-) | >>>I've never seen "lime mortar" for sale. | >>>Depending on what you bought, it might take some weeks to get | >>>the lime ready for use. | >>>

| >> Lime Putty Mortar, bought in a 25Kg tub, ready to use. | >

| >Wow, how reactionary - I'd probably have gone 1:1:6, but then | >I might get it in the ear from A. Kettle. Do you have to mix | >the lime putty with sand, and protect it while it cures? | | No it is pre-mixed.

Do not produce your own slaked lime for lime mortar yourself, without

**great** research and care. Adding water to quick lime produces a lot of heat, which can be spectacular and dangerous.
Reply to
Dave Fawthrop