Who owns what?

I am in the process of doing up a Victorian terrace and one of the tasks is to repoint at the back of the house.
The layout is the classic Victorian l-shape :- _______ _______ _______ | | x| |y z| | | | x| |y z| | | | x| |y z| | | | x| |y z| | | |______x| |y____z| |_______ | | | | | | | | | | | | | | My | | | | House | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |_______________|______________|_______________|
Do I 'own' x & y or y & z?
If it is x & y then presumably I need permission from the owner next door to repoint wall 'z'.
Cheers
Martin
--
Martin Carroll

Martin Carroll wrote:

[snipped a load of garbage]
Wanna draw a pic then upload it to a website if you have one?

No need.
If you use a fixed font, it's perfectly readable.
--

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
ben wrote:

It's a fine ASCII drawing.

Because you can't be bothered to understand the concept of fixed width?
--
Grunff

Try switching to a fixed - not proportional - font on your newsreader. It looks fine here.
--
*If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?

Another day, another tosser plonked.
Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Lets just see.
Whatever floats your boat Grandad. lol

Don't know but for anyone else using OE viewing with a proportional font so a distorted ASCII image - try File / Properties / Message source to view in a fixed font
N Cook wrote:

Cheers, if only other people where as helpful. :-)
ben wrote:

!!!
Says he who kicked off with "[snipped a load of garbage]".
--
Grunff

Grunff wrote:

dispose of nff and put mpy in its place.
ben wrote:

ROFLMAO. Such wit. You crack me up.
--
Grunff

There's enough fixed in his message ids to kill all messages & replies to his messages, if thunderbird supports a full header search; all is peaceful here . . .
--
fred

fred wrote:

It usually takes a lot more than that for me to killfile someone...
:-)
--
Grunff

Good for you, means you'll be able to correct all the enthusiastic misinformation then :-)
--
fred

snipped-for-privacy@h.co.uk says... <snip>

I think perhaps if you'd said "How do I view this diagram?" instead of "snipped a load of garbage" people might have been more likely to be helpful, rather than dismissing you as a fool.
N Cook wrote:

thanks for that, now i can see what he 's on about!
I'd just ask for thier permision anyway.
steve
On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 22:01:35 +0100, Martin Carroll

Normally x & y unless there is something in the Land Registry information to the contrary

No, normally he is responsible for z but would come to you to ask for access to it for repair. Likewise you would ask the other neighbour for access to repair x.

--

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall wrote:

My deeds state that I can have access at 'all reasonable times' to maintain a wall like x.
Dave

Dunno. What do the deeds say?
Either way, if you want to re-point x, you'll need access to next door's garden - for which you will need permission!
--
Cheers,
Set Square