Which is cheaper?

Smash my windscreen and get a free one from Autoglass or spend 2 hours with a drill pad and Cerium Oxide?

Reply to
Simon Mason

How do you get a free one from Autoglass ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Get a 'free' one from Autoglass and then spend the next few months trying to get the leaks sorted. You know it makes sense.

BTW, have you checked your insurance policy recently?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Bundled with fully comp.

Reply to
Simon Mason

And no excess?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

From the end to the beginning.

Car window and windscreen cover comes as standard on our Hastings Direct an d Hastings Premier comprehensive policies. There's no cover for windscreen repairs or replacement under our Hastings Essential policy, but you have th e choice of buying windscreen cover as an optional extra.

.shtml

Reply to
Simon Mason

you've got windscreen cover with your insurance with zero excess

tell me where?

nowadays it next to impossible to find a zero excess if you accept the repair (the last cost me 20 quid and was/is frigging awful)

tim

Reply to
tim...

Simon Mason

Unless I missed it, that link says nothing about if there is an excess on windscreen cover or not. Not that I disbelieve you but it is very unusual not to have an excess introduced to help resolve your original dilemma. Used to be £40 but I think £70 is more like the norm.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

and pay higher premiums later

it would shatter

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

says to see your policy document for the excess. When I was with Hastings last year it was £75.

Reply to
Reentrant

A few years ago the wife's car was bumped by a wagon. The car was legally parked, she was not even in the car. Hastings Direct were utterly useless, I actually flattened the battery in the cordless phone whilst in the call queue. Never again!

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

In 2010, the windscreen cracked due to the cold and had to be replaced - I had the same policy and it cost me nothing.

Reply to
Simon Mason

Just make sure that there is no glass excess on your policy

Reply to
alan_m

As I said earlier. Have you checked your policy recently?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's odd - here it is after an hour.

Simon Mason

en-cover.shtml

I refer you to my answer at 1439 UTC.

Reply to
Simon Mason

Please post a link to an image of your current policy schedule showing the windscreen excess is zero.

Reply to
Reentrant

And I refer you to mine posted in 1439 BC.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Cerium oxide, now that you have declared publically that you are thinking about committing fraud (and putting the cost of insurance up for all the rest of us, even if only by a tiny bit).

Reply to
newshound