Where to start with shift from oil to alternative around the house?

It was only a diddly one. A mere 4 storeys high. Someone had it in their farmyard.

Mail me for details..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Tue, 26 May 2009 10:53:59 +0100 someone who may be tony sayer wrote this:-

Read the report. I'm not spoon feeding you the numbers which are in it.

I never claimed to have designed one.

Not something I ever claimed. Perhaps you are becoming like some others, who when they appear to have no better arguments invent something their opponent did not type and then attack that invention. This distraction tactic may fool some, it is a popular tactic in some circles, but those able to think for themselves are not fooled.

What I did calculate was that the supplied equipment will maintain the temperatures on a stalled train of Mark IV coaches so that people can still breathe. The equipment obviously has to be deployed early enough and conditions inside the coaches will be abnormal. At no time did I claim that the equipment would maintain normal temperatures within the train, despite the repeated attempts of some to assert otherwise.

Reply to
David Hansen

We bought a small chapel which has been renovated some time ago. The roof has very little insulation, but has a tiny loftspace with big overhang, ie, nowhere to get much loft insulation. Sempatap has been recommended by EST, but there's no grant for that.

The walls cannot be cavity as they are the original.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Its OK just wondered why I hadn't seen it when out that way recently...

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , David Hansen scribeth thus

You've got a very short memory;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

It's the _down_to_ not the _up_to_ that's the problem. On a windless day - and I race sailing boats, I know there are lots - the output is zero. And yes, that does cover the whole of the UK sometimes.

Ask any farmer if he'd mind you planting some poles in his field. The big machines they use these days have to manoeuvred around each and every one of them. Though I suppose they'd be all right on upland grazing... ah. Hang on. I read this the other day:

Andy Champ

On Tue, 26 May 2009 20:50:03 +0100 someone who may be Andy Champ wrote this:-

goat farming tell me the latter is more likely.

Reply to
David Hansen

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher saying something like:

I'm watching you, laddie.

On a related note. Thank f*ck for the Global Recession. It seems to have neatly nipped in the bud the Ultrafools' ambitions to be an independent country, at least for the meantime.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Found an interview with MacKay on BBC Radio 4's More or Less:

- it's the MacKay one. Direct link:

lardconcepts