Where to buy new boiler ASAP?

Help! Our boiler is on it's last legs. We need a new boiler with an output of 60,000 BTU (18kW). Where is the best place to pick one up quickly? Plumb centre are hideously expensive - Worcester Greenstar 18Ri is =A31111. I can get this boiler online for =A3672, but will take 2 weeks for delivery.

Thanks.

Reply to
hicks

Just phone them up and tell them you've seen the item elsewhere much cheaper and can they do you a deal.

I have bought stuff from them at considerable discount before. The price in the catalogue should really be seen as just advisory.

Reply to
deckertim

wrote J

Just phone them up and tell them you've seen the item elsewhere much cheaper and can they do you a deal.

Agreed. Catalogue prices are meaningless. Best to walk up to counter with a line something like: "Forget the retail price, how much are you seriously going to ask for XYZ boiler" Certainly PTS gave a pretty near web price when approached in this manner. Also PTS were running and Energy Smart (or similar label) boiler scheme recently for so-called-discounts, that could be worth a mention.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Use words like "what is the best price you have on xxx boiler". "have on" is powerful in trade parley.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

snipped-for-privacy@eclipse.net.uk...

Well I did walk in there, and guess what - the price I got was a much more reasonable =A3594 + VAT, which is pretty close to the best online price. I didn't even have to show them my list of online bargains. They are doing themselves a major disservice by listing such high catalogue prices.

Reply to
hicks

You'd be used to jumping to that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff off as you are a total plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

snipped-for-privacy@eclipse.net.uk...

the price I got was a much

Tried Ebay?

Reply to
Ed_Zep

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@eclipse.net.uk...

price I got was a much

Please see the ection about Ebay in the BoilerChoice FAQ.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Reply to
leighhales

Not really. Some people are willing to pay retail without asking for a better price. Why would they leave money on the table?

It's always possible to drop prices, but a little trickier to increase them after making the first offer.

Reply to
Andy Hall

the boiler and flue. We already have TRVs and a timer. This plumber=20 relocated our boiler last year, so he's familiar with our setup.

Reply to
hicks