Where to buy Aero Ply in Hampshire/Wiltshire

Does anyone know where I can get some Aero-ply from within striking distance of Winchester? Thickness needs to be around 1mm and size at least 425x170mm

Reply to
NoSpam

Totton Timber stock a large range of exterior and interior European Birch Plywood, from a very thin 0.4mm to a 24mm thick. The thin plywood is useful in model making, whilst the interior Birch Plywood is also good when using laser cutters, as used many schools. As you would expect, we also stock the more day to day sheet materials, for example O.S.B. (Orientated Strand Board), which can be used in some instances to replace Shuttering Plywood. Hardboard, Oil Tempered Hardboard, Whitefaced Medium Density Fiberboard and Pegboard. We also stock a range of Marine Plywood for those moisture intensive applications.

Richard

Dave,

It might be worth a call to Bamptons. It is the sort of thing they might just carry. They don't do email so you have to speak to a human!!

I've not seen it a Totton Timber but again might be worth a call.

They guys at

are pretty helpful and seem to be able to get hold of most things with a bit of notice. They do email snipped-for-privacy@chandlersford4timber.com

hth

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thanks to Richard and Bob - thanking Bob is in danger of becoming a habit ;-) Totton and Bamptons both had 0.8, but Bamptons were nearer and cheaper. Now all I need is the time to get this job started amongst all the others that are in varying states (why is it so much more interesting to plan and to start than to finish?) FYI the ply is needed to make a body template for a Tenor Guitar that I'll be starting at West Dean in January.

Reply to
NoSpam