Where might I get LARGE bolts

I am trying to fabricate a lock for a trailer and need to find a 'pin' of 10mm x 15mm steel, with a head at one end and a hole in the other.
I was thinking that if I could get hold of an M16 bolt, I could grind it down into an oval cross section and dill a hole in the end.
But where might I get a large bolt like this? I 12mm is the bigest I can find. What sort of industry use bolts of this size??
Any info would be appreciated
Jon

Spouse says he has a length of about 3/4" diameter (threaded) stainless steel bar, would this do? Failing that he has 3/4" mild steel black bar.
Mary

try: http://www.unifix-online.co.uk

1) If you can get some suitably wide steel bar, then laminate the shape you need with 2 part epoxy glue to correct thickness
2) Clerkenwell Screw Co on Clarkenwell Rd, London does *bloody big* bolts, though that's no use unless you're in central Ldn
3) Agricultural machinery supplier?? I'm sure if you were able to call in as a personal customer they'd sell you one big bolt. I'd even try any garage that services lorries/large vehicles.
Don't forget to use cutting paste/ compound when drilling that big hole. A drill press will be very advantageous if you have access to one.
John Forbes

Look in Yellow Pages under fastening suppliers. Most will have a trade counter, where you can buy small quantities and bolts much larger than a mere M16. If you tell them what you want the pin for, they are quite likely to have something even closer to your actual need.
Colin Bignell
Jon Weaver wrote:

Find a local agricultural supplier, they might even have something fairly close to what you want for similar jobs on tractors and suchlike.
--
James...
www.jameshart.co.uk

AKA clevis pin ?? See http://www.marine-hardware.co.uk/acatalog/Sea_Screw_Catalogue_Clevis_Pins_106.html for ideas
If you get stuck, let me have the exact dimensions, preferably with a drawing and I will make you one for the cost of materials and p&p e-mail mick11.at. mick11.karoo.co.uk mouse

What about tow-ball mounting bolts - M16 and available in different lengths. I believe the trailer industry use these sometimes :-)
Alan Shilling Remove packaging from e-mail address before replying