When is a Square not a Square?

When it's one of these:

0.61 degrees out. We've learned from a previous thread there's such a thing as a "Chinese ton" so perhaps there's a "Chinese degree" as well. In fact if *everything, everywhere* were made in Chinese units, we'd all be fine. No buildings would fall over; no trains would crash, no engines would seize. And everything would be a lot cheaper. They're simply years ahead of us.
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

That's 'cos 1 Chinese year = 0.98 International years! :)

Reply to
The Other John

Its that warped space again. I think I mentioned the Chinese made tape measures that had a tendency to stretch, permanently, did I not. Luckily, I can't use them. I have a talking steel rule, I have no idea where its made so I just have to trust it. the chap inside sounds pretty English though, so I'm sure its all fine. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It was probably made for house builders. I've never yet found a truly square corner in a house.

Reply to
Nightjar

Our 1920s built house is actually pretty good, certainly the best I've ever lived in, much squarer than several 1960s[ish] houses and flats I know.

Reply to
cl