Whats this stuff then ?

Over the weekend I visited a friend who is having a house built. Now sited outside were five quarter Metre cubed troughs full of mortar covered in platic sheeting with the words Friday stamped all over them. It would appear that these are delivered ready mixed and you then have four days to use them before they cure.
Never heard of this, but I need some !! Would save a helluva lot of mixer work.
Anyone know whats its called or where to get it from ? He was in Doncaster I am in Bucks.
Contact Hanson ready mix concrete or any of the other concrete companies. It is called premix mortar. They will supply it. Usually you specify what mix, colour etc but they will all help in that. I am also in Bucks and have no problems obtaining it
Ready mixed mortar with a retarder additive to make it last 2-3 days. Hence the date mark.
Most concrete suppliers can supply it.
Try RMC.
dg

Nah. They're filming 'Teachers' again.
The roundabout at the end of our road said 'Tuesday' in bedding plants for about three weeks - brightened it up no end.
Regards,
Simonm.
--
simonm|at|muircom|dot|demon|.|c|oh|dot|u|kay
SIMON MUIR, UK INDEPENDENCE PARTY, BRISTOL www.ukip.org

Where's the school? Wouldn't mind having alook if I'm ever there.
MJ
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:32:14 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@MJ.com wrote:

For the donkey no doubt. ;-)
Mark S.
writes

South side of Bristol - closed by the council and (I think) kept furnished) for filming Casualty, Teachers, etc. I can't remember the wretched name ATM. They shoot the exteriors all over the place. We play 'name that road' when we watch the 'going to work' sequences.
I've no idea where the donkey or the APV come from...
Regards,
Simonm.