Whats this stuff then ?

Over the weekend I visited a friend who is having a house built. Now sited outside were five quarter Metre cubed troughs full of mortar covered in platic sheeting with the words Friday stamped all over them. It would appear that these are delivered ready mixed and you then have four days to use them before they cure.

Never heard of this, but I need some !! Would save a helluva lot of mixer work.

Anyone know whats its called or where to get it from ? He was in Doncaster I am in Bucks.

Reply to
tzd3sw

Contact Hanson ready mix concrete or any of the other concrete companies. It is called premix mortar. They will supply it. Usually you specify what mix, colour etc but they will all help in that. I am also in Bucks and have no problems obtaining it

Reply to
Mike Taylor

Ready mixed mortar with a retarder additive to make it last 2-3 days. Hence the date mark.

Most concrete suppliers can supply it.

Try RMC.

dg

Reply to
dg

In article , tzd3sw writes

Nah. They're filming 'Teachers' again.

The roundabout at the end of our road said 'Tuesday' in bedding plants for about three weeks - brightened it up no end.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Where's the school? Wouldn't mind having alook if I'm ever there.

MJ

Reply to
MJ

For the donkey no doubt. ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

In article , snipped-for-privacy@MJ.com writes

South side of Bristol - closed by the council and (I think) kept furnished) for filming Casualty, Teachers, etc. I can't remember the wretched name ATM. They shoot the exteriors all over the place. We play 'name that road' when we watch the 'going to work' sequences.

I've no idea where the donkey or the APV come from...

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig