What tool?

Page 2 of 2

for an excuse to buy a new toy :-)
Not that the rest of us would do any such thing <g>
--
Graeme

geoff

As a few others have pointed out...a BFH is your best and cheapest option. I smashed up about 20 square metres of contrete slabs on top of about 6" of conrete & hardcore...the sledgehammer head weighs about 10kg....picture your mother in laws face on the concrete....BAM! A nice bif crowbar helps too..
The hard bit was getting rid of the concrete...my local dump will only take 5 bags of rubble...when i turned up there with two tons in a trailer and another ton in the back of the truck.... Had to pay 10 per load at another "commercial" dump...still cheaper than a skip though...

I'd doubt it, but you could drill lots of holes all over the concrete, pack them all with timber and wait for rain...
On the other hand, you could ask your local scout troop to smash it up for you with a few sledge hammers. That's the *best* way of saving effort -- get someone else to do it!
--
< Paul >