What to do with sawdust?

I could use some to re-stuff the mother in law :-)

Reply to
Martop

Start making Frasco again,there used to be a hand cleaner named frasco, it was sawdust and soap powder mixture and was the best hand cleaner ever. It was probably discontinued to stop sawdust down the sink.

Reply to
F Murtz

Wot, better than washing up liquid and sugar?

Reply to
stuart noble

Yep. Try it, make your own,even a bit of liquid dish detergent plus sawdust.

Reply to
F Murtz

Damn right! I worked in a workshop once where someone had the bright idea of making that stuff. Blocked every trap and U bend around 8-(

At least sugar dissolves, pricy though it might be and even the Swarfega plastic grains don't expand when you wet them.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

It's ideal for potatoes. It's too wet for bedding but that means it is wet enough to decompose depending on the soil. I imagine it will last longer in acid soils.

Great for compost that is to be used on alpines, even if it fails to disappear it won't hurt. It might be susceptible to fungus though. But a few chickens would sort it out if you really had a load.

If you will be getting a regular supply it will go well with a run for half a dozen egg producers.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

You could always pelletise the stuff for fuel. Hardly worth getting the machine for it though unless you have a regular supply.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

I looked at this for dealing with output from a Wood-Mizer bandsaw. 3 grand for the cheap pelletiser, 10 for the diesel engined one (we were in a woodland) that was big enough to be reliable. You've still got to buy wax and then sell the stuff on.

It was easier to keep it for ourselves and live with a bit of mess.

Reply to
Andy Dingley