What is best * No Nails * mastic ?

I used to use Wickes * Forget Nails * which I found to have good grab and set quickly etc. however they have changed the product ( now white instead of the old grey type ) and it is nowhere near so good. Could someone here recommend an alternative product - preferably at Wicke's price circa 2 squid a tube .......... I used to get them when they were 3 for 2 but looks like I will be binning the stock I have !

Thanks for any help

Reply to
andy

Why does everyone seem to have an aversion to nails? - they have held houses together for the past 300 years without any problems, the only thing you need to remember with nails is that if it splits, use a screw.

Reply to
Phil L

Its not that I have an aversion to nails but there are many jobs where to use a nail would be impractical or an invisible fix is desired e.g skirtings , fixings to plasterboard & ceilings etc. etc. also for use in confined spaces .......... I have found it invaluble !

Reply to
andy

evo-stik brand from B&Q, green & white tube, £2.48 single, cheaper by the case of 6, sticks owt to owt, I'm doing most of my second fix with it.

Reply to
.

This is an easy one:

Pinkgrip

will never go back to any other product.

David

Reply to
vortex2

Perhaps you have different house construction. If I so much as wave a drill bit at my bricks, they disintegrate. The idea of nailing them is just hilarious. The mortar has the consistency of a Caribbean beach, so won't take a nail either.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

In message , vortex2 writes

Well I did....

I never got on with Pinkgrip, possibly because I found it a very firm adhesive, and for the job I was doing at the time something softer that squidged out easier was better.

Reply to
chris French