Weird plumbing

The point of a Handyman is that he is a jack of all trades and master of none .

If there wasn't a general requirement for the likes of TMH, then he would be have been out of business long since - he clearly has been earning an adequate income at it for a number of years now so is obviously in demand as an effective operator. But there are plenty of tradesmen around as we all know who are still learning about their trade (polite way of saying cowboys), TMH asks here in public instead of phoning up a plumber or electrician or builder mate (perhaps of course he doesn't have any mates!)- it's quite likely he gets a better answer here anyway and we all learn in the passing.

Go to it TMH - but don't waste your airtime on Trolls; if it's not Unbeliever it's Dennis and I think we should all learn not to feed them

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Of course it is dear. Just admit it, you know f*ck all about anything and jumped in with both feet - and made a prat of yourself again.

You are not the intellectual equal of a chimpanzee, let alone Mr Rumm.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Its times like this we miss the dribble/Andy Hall[1] type ding dongs. At least dribble stuck to one rigid fixed point of view that meant one could counter with cogent arguments that went into detail, and which were informative to all.

These modern trolls with their ever shifting goalposts just aren't as useful!

[1] For new readers:

example:

John Rumm

100% agreed.

I should mention that I also answer questions as best I can, especially on subjects like pressure washers, decking & carpet cleaning.

I rather like ripping the piss out of idiots :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

pass us another 'nanna ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Rubbish!

I was in our local Travis Perkins just last week buying a few things and they had stocks of ball valves for cisterns and every one of them was brass/copper. Why? That's what they have a demand for. And it so happens that that's what I use. Running a caravan site you soon learns what's easy to install and reliable in service. Especially when the use is seasonal.

Reply to
John MacLeod

I think

Indeed they do. Indeed, I do. And for good reason -- I'll have to install it and I'll have to fix it if it goes wrong. And believe me in public buildings if it can go wrong it certainly will. If it can be broken, they'll break it. Plastic ball valves are not the most robust items under the sun.

Reply to
John MacLeod

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman" saying something like:

Around here they're dead common.

Same with the brass valves, they have a choice of inserts - red high pressure, white low pressure.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Brass ball valves are common in header tanks and might well be used in caravan parks, but the subject under discussion is WC cisterns.

Its rare to get any type of ball valve in a modern cistern, the vast majority come with Torbecs or similar.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Agreed. However the subject under discussion was domestic WC cisterns.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

And if I have to change my domestic ones, that's exactly what I'll use

-- I do the job once and I do it properly and I hope that I never have to do it again. Or at least not for many years. I've been dealing with the same guy in what is now Travis Perkins for 30 years. The plumbing stock lines he takes in are ones which are trouble-free. And by the time they come in with trade discount, they're not very dear anyway.

John MacLeod

Reply to
John MacLeod