WAY OT: Any doctors or pharmacists on here?

Echoed.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I mentioned the tumour a while ago...quite a long while ago though. Treatment hasn't worked. It's better out than in...the false signals actually disturb the vision so I've been walking around with that eye closed...!

Now, what useful gizmo could I have instead??? :-)

Reply to
Bob Eager

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 01:01:38 +0000, Bob Eager wibbled:

Laser, for taking out errant students?

Seriously, good luck, hope it goes as smoothly as is possible and you have a speedy recovery...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Thanks...with luck, will be home on Thursday...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Commiseration's on that!..

I was driving past the new Cancer UK research place the other day here in Cambridge, very gratifying to see it there too when you think of all the misery that C causes..

hope that this curse on mankind is soon eradicated!...

Reply to
tony sayer

All the best.

As I sit here waiting to take partner for yet more blood tests, including ..., that is really meant.

Reply to
Rod

Sorry to hear it. That makes little cold feet tramp up and down my spine.

Reply to
Huge

Hope it goes well mate,

Dave (the OP of this thread)

Reply to
Dave

Commiserations. I hope the op goes smoothly, and you don't have to do any d-i-y.

As for gizmoes, a glass-eye with integrated laser pointer? Or maybe an LED torch? A small storage compartment? Not sure if it would be big enough for a spare key. You could keep an emergency =A320 note or two 'though - or a USB thumb-drive. You could have a subtle red LED - could be useful for 'unsettling' people.

...you did ask. :-)

All the very best,

SId

Reply to
Sidney Endon-Lee

It's been postponed for 24 hours for operational (not medical) reasons. Actually suits me personally, although I do want to get it done.

I thought of that...after all I am a lecturer!

Awkward. I did hear of someone with a prosthetic thumb who had...well, a thumb drive.

I favoured that one quite early on. It seems some people have actually looked at (and even implemented) video cameras.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Reply to
Bob Eager

My Dad has only had one eye since the mid 1930's after an argument with a drum brake spring... Hasn't really stopped him doing much, hope it goes well.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks, Dave. AS I may have said, I've never had good sight in it...and now practically none. Hasn't stopped me doing a lot of fiddly stuff, e.g. soldering tiny tracks, etc.

Reply to
Bob Eager