Watering house plants with tonic water

The makers do recommend against re-use, but I can't guess why, unless it's a profit protection thing or one of the causes you mention. I have heard reports of a bad taste developing after refilling a few times, allegedly due to bacterial growth, especially in the "Sports" type bottle with its complex stopper.

Reply to
John Williamson

replying to Bill, Ian wrote: Does this make the plant glow under a blacklight?

Reply to
Ian