Water pump not working

Trying to isolate the problem:-

I have replaced what I thought was a faulty water pump. However, it does not run when the power is applied. The motorised valves are old and I am sure the hot water one is dud but the central heating one worked. If this one also had failed, would this stop the water pump from switching on?

TIA

Reply to
No-one

Quite possibly, the pump is often controlled via a microswitch on the valve control motor so it only turns on when the valve is open and turns off immediately it starts to close.

You should be able to open the valve by hand using the manual lever.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Yes.

Reply to