Water leak

I have at home several Giberit wall-hung WCs that have worked fine for several years.

One of then, that has been used little, has developed a leak when the cistern is discharged.

After removing the WC I have identified that the leak is due to the rubber seal between the WC and the in pipe not sealing properly (see photos)

I have tried to re-install the WC after placing the seal on the pipe and after placing the seal in the WC.

I have used vaseline to help the insertion but I am reluctant to use any kind of sealant that might jeopardize future repairs. Perhaps this is the way to go?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Antonio

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: IMG_0357[1].jpg | |Download:
||Filename: IMG_0359[1].jpg | |Download:
||Filename: IMG_0356[1].jpg | |Download:
||Filename: IMG_0355[1].jpg | |Download:
||Filename: IMG_0363[1].jpg | |Download:
asalcedo

Replace the seal, use silicone grease.

The Medway Handyman

As every bloke should know, petrolium greases (like vaseline) can damage some rubbers.

Or soapy water, which will wash away in time and reduce chance of any unwanted sliding in the future.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Indeed, I always have one of these in the plumbing box:

John Rumm

compressed, and used soapy water as lubricant.

Many thanks.

asalcedo