Water hammer

RS's rewrite a couple of years back did wonders for Farnell's sales where I work - their website is less rubbish.

Reply to
Chris Hodges

How did you arrive at your assumption that I did not know that the main spread of Legionella is by aerosol? Aerosols are also propagated by domestic showers, spray from taps etc. Legionella is endemic in all water supplies.

'A spray of water is an aerosol and Legionella are contained in the wet droplets' 'A mist of water droplets may constitute an aerosol if small enough. If a droplet contains a single bacteria it will evaporate rapidly to less than 1um' 'In one UK study Legionella has been found in 15% of homes.' (Source: Environment Agency. The determination of Legionella bacteria in water and other environmental samples)

Where did I say that 'biofilms are not bugs'.?

Just because I did not embark on a treatise of the causes and extent of Legionella does not give you the right to take the piss!

Reply to
Bookworm

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. George Bernard Shaw.

Reply to
Bookworm

I'm a biochemist. (Or at least, was.) And you're full of shit.

Reply to
Huge

Uncertain as to whether you are referring to Grunff or me. If you are adressing me and you dont believe the Health Protection Agency, The HSE, The Environmental Agency, Dr Tom Makin, Microbiologist, Liverpool & Broadgreen University Hospital and many others, I am bloody glad you are not still a biochemist.

I am not trained in chemistry of any sort but I can read and I am quoting them. So they are full of shit in your eyes?

Reply to
Bookworm