Waste pipe solution for installing both a dishwasher and a washing machine

I have seen a lot of posts about how to plumb in both a dishwasher and

washing machine, before and after the sink trap.

What is stopping me installing the following:

  1. a simple shallow bottle trap underneath the sink to make use of th cupboard space
    the 2 appliance waste pipe connect after the trap usin

  1. a running trap is then installed down the run, to potentially sto drain smells coming out of the appliances
    you actually need the trap below the sink if I have a runnin trap further down the run

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy

All you need is one of these

to replace your old trap - wickes (or is it B&Q WH) sell them - you connect the WM to one and the Dishwasher to the other (using hose clips) - to stop smells / one draining into the other - you make sure that the WM / Dishwasher tubes are looped over a high point (above the level of the plug hole) - there should be a diagram on the packet of what to do

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Pearson

Cheers Jon.

Did not know they made these. Shame sodding Screwfix or BES (the tw websites I checked and expected to have) do not sell them!

Solves the problem easily

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy

and a seal depth of 75mm. This trap has the diameter, but only 38mm seal. However, you could argue that your downstream trap meets your requirements, provided it has a 75mm seal.

a 76mm seal and would meet building regs even without a downstream trap.

Technically not, but it would stop dishwasher/washing machine smells coming out of the sink.

Personally, I don't bother with all that. Washing machine/dishwasher get their own traps with standpipes. Sink gets its own trap. Wastes are T'ed together after the traps with no shared traps until you get underground.

this method you don't get one appliance's smells coming out of the other.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle