Washing machine installation problem

My plumber connected a washing machine for me, it was fitted in an area that was adjacent to a bathroom. The waste was connected to the waste pipe for the bath, so he had to run some flexible piping from under the bath around the bathroom and into the area where the washing machine was, he then attached the end of the flexible pipe to the washing machine waste. I think the pipe/hose he used may have been an extension specifically for washing machines

The machine stopped working after a couple of washes so I called in someone from the company I bought it from (it was reconditioned) and they now tell me that the length of hose attached to the waste was too long and that it caused a strain on the machine causing it to break down. Can anyone tell me if this is correct or am I being fobbed off?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

and what were the symptoms?

Faulty waste pipe installation could prevent the machine working. The only way I can imagine it might do any permanent damage is if the machine is a very simple one, lacking any protection against trying to spin whilst still full of water.

So can't answer your question without more details.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

After a successful wash cycle the door was left open, several hours later the area around the machine was very wet, I wasn't there so am not sure where the water came from but I assume the machine filled itself and the water spilt out.

The washing machine company were called out a few days later when the machine completed a wash but the door wouldn't open, selecting spin cycles etc wouldn't open the door either.

The machine is a washer dryer.

Mike

Reply to
Mike