Washing Machine Heater

How do I remove the heating element from the plastic drum of my Hotpoint WM63, I removed the nut on the central bolt with the earthing tag but it didn't want to move. Do I need to split the drum or is it simply stuck I was reluctant to use to much force.

Thanks,

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Unclip and remove the front cover off the drum. The element comes away with it. Loosen the retaining nut. Use a Stanley knife, hacksaw and plenty of expletives to hack the rubber grommit apart. Remove element. (Keep a handy supply of sticking plasters nearby for when the knife slips).

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Thanks for that (I've already got the sticking plaster across the back of one hand :-)), will I need a new gasket or sealant when replacing the front of the drum.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

No. You do need a new grommit, which comes with the element.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:44:35 -0000, in uk.d-i-y "Peter" strung together this:

Most definitely. It's always a good idea to replace any gaskets\seals disturbed on any appliances. ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

Hotpoint

You can remove the element without the front plate, but putting a new one back is a problem if you do it that way. Check the old heater to see if the inner drum has cut into it at the terminal end, because if it has, the bearings will need replacing as well.

Reply to
Notty Pine