Washing machine failure modes

Our Bosch had been complaining about low water pressure, was stopping at random, and had taken it into its head to heat the rinse water.

The Bosch man came out and showed that although we had plenty of pressure (3 bar), the actual flow rate through the inlet hose was pathetic. Replaced hose and all is well.

In terms of symptoms, I could understand its complaint about low pressure since here, from time to time, mains pressure suddenly drops to 2 bar for a couple of days. But the other symptoms made no sense at all.

Reply to
Tim Streater

If there was any publication which would discourage the buying of dish washers, this has to be it. Seems to me there are no end of problems with these devices and from what I've experienced in other peoples houses, the results of cleaning can be vary variable indeed. I still use the manual method of dish washing and certainly if you live alone, Id say steer clear of them since the tendency is to leave it till its full of old dirty stuff which would be hard to clean even with the old armstrong method. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Subject line is "washing machine" Brian.

Tim