Washing machine

I've always found that new brushes in the motor fixes 90% of washing machine faults, including those that look like faulty programmers, shouldn't cost more than £10 if you do it yourself. But make sure you unplug it first or you may not get a second chance...

Reply to
Peter Andrews

If they were band/belt driven then I asume that you should hear the motor spinning away at a fair old rate (as it would not have any load on it).

Reply to
Matthew Ames

Broken or slipped belt? (a big rubber belt which goes round the drum to drive it). Whip the back of the machine off and have a looksee. David

Reply to
David

First things first Pete, make model and age of machine.

-- Ian Tilley Ex-Kirklees Domestic Engineers

's free

Reply to
Shrek

Probably failed pressure switch - very common. Thinks it hasn't got any water in it.

Reply to
harrogate

My washing machine has stopped turning and spinning. It still fills up with water and goes round the cycle but just does not turn. Any suggestions on a fix ?

Reply to
Pete

Blocked pressure tube is common, however the pressostats (Pressure switch) is probably the most reliable part on a washer.

-- Ian Tilley Ex-Kirklees Domestic Engineers

's free

Reply to
Shrek

-- Ian Tilley Ex-Kirklees Domestic Engineers

's free

Reply to
Shrek

Let's get basic here.,...drive belt?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Reply to
Pete

I scrapped one of these last year, same age. The motor was u/s and it wasn't worth repairing.

Reply to
BillR