Video Clip 'Looped' (repeating itself ) on to monitor screen

After having downloaded a video from youtube using firefox on Windows 7, is there a way to very simply replay a clip of from the video (that repeats itself in a loop) onto a monitor screen?

Preferably using a very simple and inexpensive means to do this rather than using a computer to do it.

Reply to
john west

There are various programs that will save a youtube video as mp4 video format.

Then you need a hardware player of some description. A Raspberry Pi perhaps, or a cheap tablet.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Burn clip onto DVD. Get cheap DVD player (£18 from Tesco). Connect to monitor. Set DVD player to loop repeat and press play.

Reply to
Vic

+1. Exactly what I was going to say.
Reply to
Bob Eager

I used to do this 24/7 at TV system headends. Don't ask why, it's a long story. We used to buy £15 players ten at a time each one lasted 6 to 12 months.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

monitor. Set DVD player to loop repeat and press play.

Why not?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I do something similar for clients that need a promo loop running on a screen in the window of their shop fronts.

If you have a TV with HDMI and a USB port, then a Raspberry Pi, powered from the USB does the job nicely. I just have a simple script that runs at user login to use mxplayer to run the video (with a shell script loop round it), and set the pi to auto login, and not bother loading the desktop. A refinement is to rsync a a copy of the video from the boot partition at startup. That way its easy to update the video by sticking a new one on the sd card's boot partition.

Reply to
John Rumm

I do this for promo work. I use a TV with usb port, load the video on a stick and play it using auto repeat.

Reply to
sunray