Velux window leaks after snow?

Hiya,

I've had my Velux windows in for a couple of years, and they only appear to leak when it has been snowing. The leak shows up as damp patches(drip seems inside the plaster) at the bottom corners of the Velux window streaking down the ceiling. I have slotted tiles with edw flashing. Someone suggested a collar and drip rail.

Any ideas\suggestion would be a great help?

Reply to
Raj & Gauri

Slotted tiles? EDZ kit is for high profile interlocking tiles. One problem could be that the collar surounding the frame and the up stand of the underlay as not been fitted. The underlay should be turned up the side of the frame all the way round with another purpose made collar or a strip of underlay fitted as an over lap all the way round and on top of the tile bittern. Other than that as the outer edge at the bottom of the flashing side been turned back on its self so as to divert water on to the apron.

Reply to
Kipper at sea

In message , Raj & Gauri writes

Daun pisang ?

Reply to
geoff

On second thoughts are the foam strips on the side flashing compressed. If not the snow will drift between the foam and the underside of the tile. The foam should be cut so that it stands up where the head of the tile meets the metal and over lap of the tiles and not bent down. This allows the foam to stand higher on the bottom of the tile above on the over lap .

Reply to
Kipper at sea

Many thanks for the responses so far, they have been very helpful, I'd like to add that I have just found some information on the Velux website that refers to possibly the same symptoms that I am experiencing. It may be a common issue. I have added the link below

Raj & Gauri