vaillant TURBOmax VUW shuts down

Hi all,

I have a vaillant TURBOmax VUW 242e or a 282e (according to the manual, can't find the model on the unit).

It has been wroking fine till this morning. When I switch the Hot water on, or heating, it tries to ignite then it just shuts down and trips the switch.

How can I fix it?

I moved into my house 6 months ago and has been working fine till this morning. The previous onwer said he had few problems with it but after changing something in it (I think he said a board) it was OK.

Any ideas what might be the cause of the problem & how much it would cost to fix.

Thanks.

Reply to
paul_uk

Does it light but then goes out or does it never light? Either way a service/clean up is a good starting point. I thought this model has a black facia, turquoise knobs and a column of leds? There is no trip SWITCH, but there is a reset knob.

Reply to
Ed Sirett