Vaillant Turbomax 282 pump leak

hi

I have a Turbomax 282/1e boiler which is about 5 yrs old.

The boiler seems to have sprung a small leak when I turn on the central heating. Dripping water appears to be coming from a black plastic cap covering a metal protrusion located at the top of a brass knurled part of the pump.

Can someone advise me what the problem may be, before I ring a plumber?

Am I right in presuming the whole pump needs to be replaced?

Water is being recirculated through the radiators.

regards

bill

Reply to
Bill L.

Could be an automatic air bleed valve thats often fitted to combis. If so could be just muck stopping it shutting.

Reply to
BillV

You are absolutely correct in your diagnosis.

To cut a long story short, I ended up buying and fitting a new pump myself.

When I later examined the old pump, the air release valve was covered in muck, corrosion etc. Cleaning it might have solved the problem, but it did look in a sorry state.

Does anyone know if the components which make up the automatic air release valve assembly are available separately?

bill

Reply to
Bill L.

The top does look almost identical to certain makes of standalone auto-air vents.

Dismantling and descaling could well have worked - probably the only bit that was worn might have been a small rubber washer.

At the risk of sounding I-told-you-so-ish the best way not to get to the problem the OP had is to keep the system pressure within the normal range.

Reply to
Ed Sirett