Utility room

Hi all, I am thinking about building a partition in my garage, which is linked to the house. The idea is to build a partition of about 3x2 meters, so we can install the washing machine and a cupboard. I was thinking about getting someone to do the plumbing, but do the rest myself: wall partition with a door, raised floor (chipboard) insulated, and plasterboard for the walls. The existing window would be in this partition, but the rest of the garage wouldn't have a window now.

I was wondering if I need planning/building permission for this sort of work?

The house is in Hertfordshire

Cheers

MG

Reply to
MGA

It is doubtful if planning would be required but building control certainly would be if for nothing else the fire prevention requirements from a garage to the habitable housse would change. Check with your local authority, you will find them extremely helpful. As I do a lot of my work in Hertfordshire, I have no problem with them at all

Reply to
Mike Taylor