Useless!

Ordered a new DWD drive for my PC (thatnks to that nice Mr Rumm for his help yet again) from EBuyer.

Their web site xmas delivery page said stuff ordered on Weds would be delivered on Thurs, so i paid =A38 extra for the service.

Tracked the order on City Link web site which said delivery Thurs between 7.30 & 12.00.

Still not here.

Eventually got the local City Link depot to answer their phone this morning - the parcel isn't even there!

"We have a backlog due to the snow".

Why do people tell porkies on their websites?

Another day wasted. PC it bits on dining room table. SWMBO not happy with mess or me pinching her PC :-(

Dave TMH

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

When did the last significant amount (ie >2") of snow fall in the SE? Or come that near the e-Buyer warehouse, up near Manchester? I think they have several warhehouse but IIRC thier website tells you from which one it has been dispatched.

Even up here where we had 8' drifts and blocked roads 2 to 3 weeks ago all we have now is the remnants of the bigger drifts a couple of feet deep at the most, the roads have been fine since way before Christmas.

If they know they have a back log WTF arent they working 24/7, or at least 0730-1930 every day, to clear it? I'd let them off not working the 25th or tommorow but their vans should be out all other days.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The ebuyer warehouse is at Howdendyke about 20 miles from Hull and about ten miles from me. We did have serious amounts of snow (around

12") but the critical routes were cleared pretty quickly. The carriers seem to have made much of the effects of the road conditions but probably more than justified.
Reply to
cynic

IMO City Stink are about the most useless delivery agents on the planet. I keep telling on-line suppliers that if they send another one via City Skunk it'll be the last order they get from me. And that includes Amazon.

They sent my last book order via Glasgow depot, just as the snow started to fall.....

Commiserations.

R.

P.S. is a DWD drive like a DVD drive, but with a stutter?

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Ta, just off J37 of the M62. I knew I'd seen at least one e-Buyer warehouse from a motorway. So not a few miles down ordinary A roads in the middle of nowwhere.

I wonder where the City Link depot is? Howdendyke is also not a million miles from Goole either, are the docks there still in use? I'd expect the council to clear access from the docks to the motorway as a priority but some councils do seem to have a problem with clearing obvious priority routes, like those leading to/from hospitals and fire stations...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I placed an internet order on a site that said the company was closed until next Tuesday and on Tuesday placed an order with Amazon for software that it said would be delivered next week. Both orders came today. You can't rely on anyone.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

I placed two orders yesterday - one with bitsbox.co.uk and one with amazon. Both turned up this morning via normal postie.

I was impressed. No idea what they've done with my order from Zavvi that was dispatched on the 7th December though...

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

I had some amazon stuff promised for the 23rd which did not finally all arrive until yesterday. That was sat in the tender care of Citylink as well. Shame, since they are usually pretty good.

Reply to
John Rumm

Just before Christmas. In fact there's still a little of it about, where we cleared it into piles.

Mind I don't see why the 4 inches we got should have caused the problems it did.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ