Uplift Commode Assist for weak old persons

Hi,

Basically my dad is becoming so weak and he can't move easily without assistance. For instance, he needs assistance to go to the bathroom for shower or to do his toilet.. I am thinking on buying for him what it seems to be called "uplift commode assist", see ,

there something similar here in the UK? If yes, where can i buy it. I have also to buy some toilet rails, to place it in the bathroom, do you have any suggestion/recommendation?

The problem is that i am not living with him. my old mum and a brother are with him but my dad's load seems somewhat heavy for them.

Besides, i would like any link or advice to help me making his life easier. he is mainly having problems to stand up from his bed, chair, table and get stable afterwards on his own.

Many thanks to you

Reply to
tlenomade

I haven't seen a spring-loaded one like that

Suppliers of "ordinary" commodes include

I have also to buy some toilet rails, to place it in the bathroom, do

Rails need to be put in appropriate positions to avoid strain or the risk of further injury, so an OT's advice is often beneficial.

The local Social Work department should have Occupational Therapists who can advise, and in many areas they will supply equipment on free loan (and sometimes send a technician around to install it if needed) (I used to work for such a service)

You can get toilet rails, handrails, bath board, and a raised toilet seat from Argos. Screwfix have handrails and some stuff in Home > Bathrooms > Care Range

Owain

Reply to
Owain

These folks have most stuff like this at reasonable prices:

John Rumm

Raising the seat may be sufficient. You might also contact your local REMAP Panel

who may be able to make something suitable and help in other ways.

Reply to
Peter Parry