Unvented hot water system

I have a Megaflo sealed hot water system, coupled to a standard oil fired boiler. The system works fine, but occasionally switches off because the tank thermostat has reached its operating temp. The stat is marked 10 - 70 degrees, at what temp should I set it for the DHW?

Thanks in advance

JH

Reply to
John Horne

Somewhere in the 55-60 region is considered normal - to be hot enough to be useful without too much risk of scalding. I prefer 60 myself. Tank stats are not always accurate. Having set mine, I usually measure the temperature of the water coming out of the hot tap, using a mercury in glass thermometer - and tweek the stat if necessary.

Reply to
Set Square

Any temp that suits you. 55C is fine. Legionella is not a problem with unvented cylinders.

Reply to
IMM

That is the intended purpose of the thermostat.

55-60C. (55C if you only have showers or have young children, 60C if you like hot baths).

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

about 55C or 60C if you run a lot of baths.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher