Universal fridge door seal?

Has anyone used one of these, as opposed to the genuine article? I have a fairly old fridge which is still in good shape apart from the seal, which is difficult to find. What I'm not sure about is whether a universal one will fit well enough to do the job properly.

Reply to
Joe

Joe,

I didnt know there was such an animal. Is it magnetic? If it is it should form a good seal.

MikeS

Reply to
MikeS

In message , MikeS writes

Yes, it is, but I have only found it on the Net so far. I'd like to get a look at it before buying it, as although it's half the price of the genuine replacement, this means nothing if it takes hours to make it work properly.

Reply to
Joe

They are crap they dont have welded corners and have to be cut to size dont bother

Peter

Reply to
Peter

In message , Peter writes