Type C RCBO?

One of the light circuits at home has a 6A Type B 30mA RCBO which often trips when I switch on the light in a room that has several fluorescent lamps with an electronic dimmer and electronic ballast.

The same thing happened with a 6A Type B MCB which was there before the RCBO which is new.

So the problem is not a residual current issue but an overload issue. I would say.

In addition to the fluorescent lamps there are two other small incandescent lights in that same circuit. No tripping occurred before or occurs now when switching on any of these smaller lights.

If I change to a 6A Type C 30mA RCBO will the tripping stop? Will the other lights work well as well?

Thanks,

Antonio

Reply to
asalcedo

I normally use type C devices on lighting circuits simply to give better trip resistance on filament lamp failure.

However it ought to mitigate inrush current related problems as well, since that is the whole raison d'etre for type C characteristic devices (10x rather than 5x nominal trip current inrush capability)

Reply to
John Rumm

Thank you John. Your expert advice and help is most appreciated as always.

We are in the middle of the change to TT with excellent results so far. I will report when we finish

Reply to
asalcedo