Two way switch problem

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:57:48 +0100, "Richard"

Don't knock it - very useful when you've got your ceiling lights mounted on the floor, as they have in Australia.
Anyway, shouldn't be discussing Australia here. They aren't allowed to DIY electrical.
PoP
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:57:48 +0100, "Richard"

What on earth would it be doing using the phone in the first place?
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

No, no, no. You misunderstood. The cord referred to was holding his pyjamas up......
PoP

Or down if in Oz.
--
*Half the people in the world are below average.

Then what do they use to hang up their washing ?
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:10:29 GMT, "BigWallop"

I thought they hung down their washing?
I've never quite figured how they play tennis down in Oz. Must be quite difficult jumping under the net when you've won.
PoP
BigWallop wrote:

Lead weights and a kangaroo...

You're using switches designed for DC. AC goes on and off 100 times a second, so you've a better chance of hitting the right place.
--
*I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

Sounds like the solenoid that flips the upstairs switch when you use the downstairs switch has packed up. Try re-booting (kicking it twice).
HTH
Pete

upstairs and likewise why you would want a switch upstairs when you are downstairs, it seems to me that at any given time one switch is useless.
Richard wrote:

So true, when you can have a switch in your pocket all the time, and save all that expnse of getting it wired up to anything.

the best bet is to install one of those pneumatic push switches that gives you 0.6 seconds do dash like hell up the stairs, there would be no need for a switch at the top as the next time you use the stairs it will be morning.
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:22:14 +0100, "Richard"

Would save on heating too! How very "eco" whatsit.
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Actually I would suggest you get a candle or Davey lamp. That way you can take the light with you and you don't need to worry about all this complicated dual-switching stuff.
Plus the new P section of the building regs doesn't (yet....) apply to candles or Davey lamps.
PoP
Rotate through 90 degrees. Problem solved.