TRVs

Yup, I noticed that! ;-)

Yup, that would makes sense. Also zoning is only required for properties over 150m^2 which rules out the majority I would expect.

That is for control of the whole zone though (i.e. provision of interlock), not the individual rooms...

Its ambiguous, I will give you that. Other sources suggest that TRVs are required. You may be right though... proper interlock, timer control, and fully pumped system may be enough.

Indeed. I have never heard of a requirement to replace TRVs with newer or better ones. (other than perhaps some of the mechanical hot water cylinder control valves that used to be used to arrest gravity circulation). So in answer to the specific question (assuming the words of the plumber were correctly interpreted and relayed), he is trying it on.

Reply to
John Rumm

One of many:

oil boilers were also required to be condensing from from April this year)

Reply to
John Rumm

You're right, but it's a pain.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

In message , Calvin writes

First thanks for all the replies, looks like the situation's not entirely clear. The house in question certainly has TRVs, whether all the rad valves are TRVs though I don't know. I'll see what's occurring next phone call.

Reply to
bof

things move on..I couldn't get one at all in 2002..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That is 20 years out of date.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That is unusual. They are boilers that go and go without any problems. The Toyotas and Hondas of the boiler world.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Amazing!! this is what snotty uni's turn out. Appalling.....

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You didn't look hard enough

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It *is* clear if there are already TRVs, they don't need replacing though...

Reply to
John Rumm

The condensing exemption assessment is slightly less demanding with an oil boiler. That's about the only difference.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

...unless they are broken in which case it's probably the best time to replace them.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Really? How do you turn a Rolls Royce into a Honda or a Toyota?

Not that long ago, you were saying that they were RRs.

Did you not win the Eyebyeza holiday?

Reply to
Andy Hall

or perhaps you're 20 years ahead of your time. Just think (hard though that might be), for your next alter-ego you could call yourself Eric Laithwaite.

Reply to
Andy Hall

No Matt. A man of my time.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Given your physics is different to everyone else's, why shouldn't you have your own timezone too?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It is? Well the ether is different your Jockoland.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

As in 'time gentlemen, please' ?

Reply to
Andy Hall

It appears that "time gentlemen please" is about right.

Reply to
Andy Hall