Trimmer line

I just wound the last of my spool of 2.4mm line onto the trimmer head. It was a Makita line that seemed to perform well. However before I reorder, I remember discussions about square section line, and was wondering if that was worth trying...

So Pros and cons of square section vs round?

Reply to
John Rumm

The only problem I've encountered is that line that has been frozen in the garage seems to loose its strength.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , Brian Gaff writes

Interesting.

Nylon is said to absorb a small amount of water and swell slightly.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I find that the nylon line can spot weld itself together on older wound reels. Maybe that's due to my poor winding!

David

Reply to
David P