Treatex Hardwax oil

have no connections etc...

Just put some (Matt Clear) on some oak skirting I fitted over the weekend. Lovely stuff to work with, very low odour, brushes well. Expensive (25quid/l) but seems to go a long way.

I've decided to stop at 1 coat for now (2 recommended, but that's with floors in mind) and it's brought out a lovely golden colour in the oak and accentuated the grain. Not quite dry yet, but so far you wouldn't know there was anything on the wood - it looks completely natural (other than the visual enhancement) and un-shiney.

I much prefer this stuff to varnish. Have to see how it wears now...

Reply to
Tim Watts

seems very similar to Osmo Hardwax Oil that I slapped on two rooms of new solid oak flooring about 5 years ago.

I was full of intentions to go and "Top up" the wax layer - but 1 room is still looking totally acceptable, the other which was mopped with a damp mop every 2 weeks for 2 years looks a little patchy from wear but only in the sheen - the colour is still really nice. Both just scream "real wood floor" which was what I was hoping for :>)

Interesting the treatex one also offers a hardener to make it umm... harder... wonder what's in that?

Cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK