I should also add that I'm on quite a tight budget - £60 absolute tops for the tiles (ie 50p each would be the maximum I could afford), and £5 would be better !!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Many thanks

--Dan dd_dd75 at hotmail.com

Reply to
Dan Evans

Speaking from experience, not all whites are white. I once had to try to match some white ceramic floor tiles which the idiot before me had laid onto an insufficiently stiffened wooden floor. After 12 (yes, 12) tile shops - also in W/SW London - I finally managed to get a reasonable colour match, but each new tile was 3mm too wide and had to be trimmed to fit. As they were quite thick, that meant an electric tile cutter and probably permanent hearing damage :(

Two suggestions. Firstly why not remove all the existing tiles and redo the lot. White Cristal 15 x 15 tiles are very cheap and I think with a bit of phoning round you could get sufficient to redo the entire room and stay within your budget.

Or make a virtue of necessity and go for the same size in a contrasting colour. Chipping out a few random tiles in the rest of the room and popping in a new one would make it look more "meant". Try making a rough sketch of the room and playing with some coloured pencils to see if it might work.

Pen

Reply to
pen

[...]

If the tiles have been there a while try freecycle, somebody might have a box or three in their garage.

Dave

Reply to
someone here