TOT - DuckDuckGo malware?

I've been using the DuckDuckGo search engine as it was recommended for its privacy policy. Recently it's been behaving suspiciously (pop-up windows appearing, unasked for toolbars etc). I Googled and found that it has become classed as malware at the very least. Google "duckduckgo virus" to see what I mean. I've removed it (I hope!) but you must make your own decision. Shame.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Unfortunately there are hackers everywhere. What about startpage? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Try IXQuick?

Terry Fields

I've had it as one of the search engine options in my Firefox search box but I've used it only occasionally. That's about to change. Thanks.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Well, they would say that, wouldn't they?

Reply to
Bob Eager

You'll probably be aware that there's a whole raft of settings you can use on ixquick, saved either as a cookie or a website url (if you don't like cookies) so it runs the same for you each time. It's the only search engine I use.

Reply to
Terry Fields