TOT; Debit card payments

There is no need for the customer to go anywhere near the internet. They ask if you take cc, you say yup, and take the card details. Later you use the supplied details to pay an invoice you have created and emailed to yourself.

Now they can probably make you a cc processing offer you can't refuse!

Reply to
John Rumm

I would expect a trademan who says he takes cards to pull out a portable terminal. I certainly wouldn't part with the CV2 that I presume you would have to use to enter a payment through Google Checkout.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .me.uk>" ...

That's nothing to do with Paypal, you get it whether you use them or not.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It was Dave said that, not me. I have server level anti-spam, a hardware firewall with anti-spam and Inboxer on individual computers, so the only way I ever get to see phishing emails is by checking the logs of rejected messages.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Except that the website is a bit light on detail.

I want to know what the interest rates are, what are the savings to be made on merchant services and the delivery service, etc.

What is it they're hiding that means you have to pay =A360 to be a member before they'll give any specific details?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Got the bloke coming to see me Thursday week, so I'll find out then. Geoff seems to think its worth it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

They've been quite good in the past at getting e.g. good phone deals, good merchant card accounts etc for members

They can also provide someone to be in attendance if you e.g. get a VAT investigation

There are the dinner and dances and such, but you can ignore them

For £60 / year, I'm happy to be a member

Reply to
geoff

They quoted me £100?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

And me, been FSB member for at least 7 years, and have debit / credit card mobike machine, best thing I did.

Steve

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

It must have gone up then

My renewal has just gone through at £60

and it also depends on how many employees you have

It's held at that level for ever more

Reply to
geoff