toilet takes a number of pulls before flushing (newbie)

My low level toilet is getting harder and harder to flush - having limited plumbing experience I wondered if there was anything simple that I could deal with or should I call in the professionals.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
jerry

As you did not know what the problem might be I suspect you might want more detail.

The crank at the other end of the flushing handle is connected to a rod that disappears into the top of the syphon. At the end of the rod there is a what looks like a piston with holes in it and on top of it there is a piece of flexible material which you need to replace. Cut a replacement out of a piece of heavy duty polythene and it will do nicely. You will obviously have to drain the systern and remove the syphon to do the job. Alex.

Reply to
alex.shaw

Eat more spinach...

Reply to