Today's top tips

An Angle grinder's excellent for dismantling chicken-wire mesh panels from a redundant aviary.

Red hot staples flung around by an angle grinder take 0.6 seconds to reduce to body-temperature when they land on a bare forearm.

It takes 0.6 seconds to say "B*stard".

You can't wipe red-hot staples from a bare forearm whilst holding an angle grinder

Reply to
Keith

Some form of long sleeved clothing seems to be the next step:)

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Wire cutters are easier, use no electricity and don't shower staples.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 21:55:03 +0100, "Mary Fisher" mused:

You clearly don't understand.

Reply to
Lurch

Try to get them to land on a moist bit of your outer covering. Since you obviously don't wear appropriate clothing to work, then it's a safe bet that you don't wear your safety goggles either (let alone safety spectacles). In which case, try to protect your arm by getting the red-hot staples to hit you in the un-blinked eye. The natural water on the surface of the eyeball will decrease the cooling time and should also stimulate you to use (approximately) 0.4 second productively in widening the vocabulary of swearing in the English language (Russian is pretty good for swearing in too - you might wish to experiment with the other eye!) As a bonus, if the doctor in A & E thinks that you might be in the slightest bit redeemable, he might let you practice your self-control by carrying out the temporary repair work without either painkillers or anaesthesia. The discipline of holding your own eye-lids open and staring straight at the business end of a scalpel as the bits are levered out of their craters in your conjunctiva is really good for your self knowledge. And the week you spend with your eye under a bandage wondering if you'll ever see again on that side is also time well invested. (Worked for me anyway. Picking the splinters of broken hardened-steel hammerhead out of the front surface of your specs and thinking about the 3 hours of fast walk to the nearest tarmaced road is also well-spent time.)

Reply to
Aidan Karley

235 angle grinder with cutting disk. Cutting 75 x 6mm plate. Leather gloves, face mask and ear muffs. I can distinctly remember getting hot and saying to myself, "go on you weak bastard, finish the cut". My shorts burst into flames and before I got them out I had air blowing through my underpants too. I also didn't understand. But eh! we got the jobs done didn't we Keith.
Reply to
Bill

cutting plate as the stream of sparks is very intense.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Oh, I understand - I'm just a tight tyke who won't use expensive power if I can get away with it :-)

Saves on plasters too ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:56:13 +0100, "Mary Fisher" mused:

Er, no. You're a girl, you don't understand tools.

Reply to
Lurch

Tell that to my girlfriend and she would rip your balls off. She has got NVQs in welding and car mechanics. She also has a nice girlie job in the local bakers and a degree in ripping the balls off men*

Adam:)

*Not seen that certificate yet but I have seen her kick the balls of a 6 foot bloke almost upto his throat after he punched her in the mouth.
Reply to
ARWadsworth

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 20:23:18 GMT, "ARWadsworth" mused:

Are you absolutely sure she's a girl? Her name's not Trevor is it?

Reply to
Lurch

100% sure she's a girl. I've got the photos to prove it and she has got the 36DDs.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 20:57:12 GMT, "ARWadsworth" mused:

I'm not convinced. if you will. ;)

Reply to
Lurch

have to do as I cannot load imageshack. Dirty pussy photo awaits you sir.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I'm not allowed to handle tools with electric motors because I get power mad, after I've done the job I don't want to stop.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:27:03 GMT, "ARWadsworth" mused:

TYVM. ;)

Reply to
Lurch

But a true "blokey" girl wouldn't rip the balls off anyone. Instead she'd catch the balls in a net of fine steel wire (as used for pulling cables, under a variety of names), then hook that up to the winch on the front of her LandRover, and use *that* to rip the balls off the offending bloke.

Reply to
Aidan Karley

I will send a personal email later when I find the disks.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Do not give her ideas. Anyway she has not got a LandRover only a Colt with body kit, alloys, stupid stickers, child seat, dented OS back panel from when she parked it etc.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Has she got a hand held liquidiser? That would be a woman's choice.

Reply to
dennis