To paint or to strip wallpaper?

I want to paint all walls at home. At the moment they have wall paper

which is in good condition in general.

A couple of contractors swear that although more expensive it is bes to strip off the existing paper, put new lining paper on and paint o it.

Two other contractors, insist that it is fine to paint on the existin paper. Any localised seam that has peeled off can be treated and won' show. About 10-15% cheaper.

I am more concerned with the quality and durability of the fina product. Is it really ok to paint on top and avoid stripping off?

Thanks,

Antoni

-- asalcedo

Reply to
asalcedo

Yes. It depends on the type of paper and its condition of course.

Reply to
John Cartmell