tinted varnish?

I've just fitted a wickes antique pine bog seat and its an eyesore. Whoever thought it looked like antique pine must have been drunk. Prsumably the best bet is to add a layer of tinted varnish?

NT

Reply to
NT

Probably. I used Rustins coloured "real" varnish (stinky, not water based) for my window frames and cills and that covered pretty evenly.

Chumleigh Hardware on 'tInternet sells it as do proper paint trade outlets.

It'll need a few days to set properly before you impart botty so might be an idea to remove it.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Be careful though: some of the 'antique pine' varnish I've bought is basically yellow. You may want to tone yours down with something like teak or walnut. Possibly even scrape off the varnish and use a wood stain instead, and then oil.

spamlet

Then it will look like an antique pine bog seat with a layer of tinted varnish - or dogs breakfast.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I was going to go for a darker colour. I think though another bog seat would be about as cheap and far less work, so I'll chalk it up to experience and get one.

cheers, NT

Reply to
NT

But antique pine IS an eyesore.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Artex.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

Spikey finish to prevent "lingering"?

Reply to
Tim Watts

ha!

NT

Reply to
NT

They always were, particularly the suspender gouges.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

???

You wear suspenders?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Suspenders used to create gouges in wooden toilet seats, and it was this that caused a move to plastic toilet seats, as suitable plastics became available and were seen as modern and hygenic. Now that suspenders have died out, wooden toilet seats are back in fashion, at least, until suspenders come back into fashion.

Only once. Were you at that party too?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

article,