tiling on plywood

One wall of my shower is onto a plywood sheet. Some of the tiles are loose and I want to redo them. I think part of the problem may be that the plywood is too thin and flexes. I might replace with thicker material but what type of tile adhesive works best?

I've used a flexible adhesive on wooden floors, but I'm not sure if this is suitable for walls.

Reply to
andyv

No matter how thick the adhesive you put on if the ply flexes then the tiles will become loose again.

Is there enough space to put(screw/nonails)plasterboard over the plywood?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Ply should be at least 18mm thick. If not, it is not suitable.

Use a good flexible adhesive. I would use BAL White Star for this application.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle