tiling a garage floor

hi has any one tiled there garage floor with ceramic floor tiles .pros

  • cons thanks
Reply to
timothy

Terrible idea if you're going to use it as a garage. Dropped tools and jacking will crack them, fluid leaks will stain them

Reply to
Steve Walker

But if you use the garage for everything but car parking and car maintainance, as most people do, then there is no problem.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

It looks like you can buy special floor tile adhesive for car showrooms, so it's probably not impossible:

I'm doing stuff in my garage I tend to drop spanners and things from time to time, and I suspect tiles would get damaged quite quickly.

You can get some high-performance epoxy-based floor paints for garages, which would probably still be cheaper than tiles.

Reply to
Simon

Or you can get a thick "checker plate" patterned floor covering, no not =

the soft spongey stuff for standing on this is more like a lino. Comes i= n presumably a "standard garage" size rolls. I haven't got past the =A399 =

  • VAT/roll price in CostCo...

If I ever get the garage devoid enough of stuff such that it is practica= l to temporally empty it I'll paint the floor if only to stop the concrete= dusting all the time.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice