Threashold strips

Last year, I laid laminate floor across the dining room and kitchen floors. At the time it was my intention to manufacture, from hard wood, some new threshold strips to join up the laminate to 2 carpets. However, due to ill health and the cold winter, I have not got a round tuit any more, so the wife wants something done about it.

What I propose to do is use laminate to laminate metal strips, but I have a problem with the kitchen to hall joint. When the hall carpet was laid, there was a gripper strip at the threshold adjacent the original wooden threshold strip. In putting down the laminate, I have lost the use of both the threshold strip of wood and the gripper strip. What I propose to do is use some industrial strength adhesive (solvent type) to glue the carpet to the asphalt floor, but I need to stretch the carpet while it goes off by using two long strips of wood to push against the front door frame and a gripper strip attached to a wider piece of wood to keep up the tension, by causing the 2 strips to bow and weighting them down at the middle. I hope you understand all that :-)

Can anyone see a problem?

Dave

Reply to
Dave