This gutter needs cleaning

's good physio for her new knee. I was asked to clear the gutter. And I did.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I'll be lowering it this afternoon when I get back from the pub.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

There is no trick photography.

The garden slopes towards the house. I placed the ladders onto the lawn where the slope stopped and it becomes horizontal. I kicked the feet of the ladders into the grass at that point and climbed them. As Phil L says, the feet of the ladders are a long way from the house, however they are at a point where they are secure. When used at a normal angle the ladders do not wobble like that.

As for the zoom. There was none. However a quick look at my CCTV which covers some of that house shows that Sheila held the camera at arms length and was stood higher up than the feet of the ladders.

I used the same ladders to swap a lamp in a pub car park light. ie this one

just fastened the ladders side by side onto the roofbars so that they were sticking out from the rear of the van, cable tied some step ladders to the end of the ladders and reversed the van so that the steps were under the light. Job done.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Am 25.08.2012 21:05, schrieb pcb1962: [..]

Well, i did read PeterC' posting this way: "Ladders+heights=scary. So better use the bucket for (you know what) instead of brownig your pants"

Sorry for my bad english. Greetings from the land of Huns and Sauerkraut Matthias

Reply to
Matthias Czech

I understood you. And swap "browning your pants" for "shit your pants"

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , Matthias Czech writes

Adam the Mistsammeler

Gleich aus Inselaffenland

Reply to
geoff

The patron saint of Germany is St Eingang.

That's why there are so many streets called Eingang Strasse.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

whereas in the Cotswolds, there is Chipping Norton , Chipping Camden, Chipping Sodbury and loads of places called Loose Chippings.

Reply to
charles

And the largest city is Ausfahrt.

Reply to
polygonum

Lots of footpaths all leading to Cyfleusterau Cyhoeddus in Wales.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

When people were mentioning bad positioning of the ladder for the guttering, I though "well Adam's used to ladders and certainly knows the consequences of falling off them" but trusting your life (or even just your livelihood) to a couple of ty-raps? Madness ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Now you mighty laugh , but ...

We has a newbie come to work with us

he got stopped by the polizei

he gave his address as ...

"Weisses Lamm, Einbahnstr., Lauf"

Well, You gotta laff!

d*****ad

(sending address changed for the benefit of our continental cousin)

Reply to
geoff

my welsh is rusty

Reply to
geoff

In message , polygonum writes

Never leave a bus by way of the Notausgang !

Reply to
geoff

No, I think the honour must go to Herr Bahnhof

Reply to
djc

In many cases yes, since the council cutbacks.

my welsh is rusty

It's the spray from all those lllllllllllls

Owain

Reply to
Owain

If the tie wraps can hold a set of ladders to the roofbars and stay there when doing 100mph then they are good enough for me.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Apologies for breaking into the conversation, but does anyone have experience of using robots to clean gutters? my gutters are too high to reach with a ladder.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

No, but a mate did use an RC helicopter to Roundup-bomb his chimney stack, so as to weed it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

That's a constant load though, not a shock impact.

I bought a bag of big tiewraps from CPC a while back - absolutely useless for this sort of thing. Shout loudly at them and they pop open.

Reply to
Andy Dingley